Qualtre is seeking a Senior Design Engineer. This individual will be responsible for design and development of Qualtre sensor products related to releasing the company’s MEMS sensors to volume manufacturing.
- This requires expertise in MEMS sensor, device characterization, data analysis and expert problem solving skills.
- Design and execution of FEA simulations (ANSYS and/or COMSOL).
- Assess MEMS/IC/Package interactions through experimentation and modeling.
- Drive efficient approaches to product verification in manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A BS/MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering. A PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of MEMS design experience including product development and transition to production.
- Expert understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering fundamentals as demonstrated by past product development responsibilities and successes.
- Working knowledge of MEMS and IC process steps and design interactions.
- Experience developing and debugging test setups. Labview and MatLab programming skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create intellectual property (MEMS/Circuit portfolio, patents, publications).
- Experience and proven skills in written and oral communication of technical material.
- Experience and proven skills in technical leadership, including coordination of multi-team member efforts.
- An ability to work effectively, create solutions, and achieve success under the constraints of a start-up company environment.
- Additionally, familiarity with the use of inertial sensors for navigation, gaming, image stabilization, automotive, military or other uses within consumer electronics is a plus.
Qualtre offers a competitive compensation package, including stock options. The position will be based in Marlborough, MA and will involve occasional domestic and international travel.
To apply for this position attach your resume to an email, include the Job Title in the Subject line and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualtré will not accept third party resumes for any position without prior authorization.