High Performance Tri-axial X/Y/Z MEMS
Gyroscope for Industrial Markets
The QGYR330HA is a fully integrated, analog output, three-axis angular rate sensor (gyroscope) that is based on Qualtré’s patented Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) MEMS technology manufactured in the HARPSS™ process, which allows unprecedented robustness, performance, and size advantages over conventional MEMS tuning-fork gyroscopes. The BAW structure senses capacitance changes in a resonating proof mass in the presence of Coriolis force which results in a quality factor (Q factor) that is inherently higher by several orders of magnitude, allowing mechanical amplification to achieve greater sensitivity, stability, and noise performance. Additionally, the BAW’s proof mass enables high shock / vibration immunity due to its very rigid construction and small size.
The QGYR33XH family currently comprises two devices – QGYR330HA featuring analog output and QGYR330HD with digital output. The HA device continuously provides three analog voltages which correspond, to X, Y, and Z axis rotation rates. Fully differential output voltage range of ±2 V provides high sensitivity and common mode rejection.
The QGYR33HA features an input pin that can be toggled between the full-scale ±3000°/s dynamic range and high precision ±300°/s, for maximum application flexibility. Additionally, a fully integrated interface IC provides signal conditioning and amplification, and stores factory-set calibration coefficients. The on-board electronics require minimal external components beyond power supply decoupling capacitors and a single pull up resistor.
QGYR33HX devices are provided in an LGA32 package that is RoHS and Green compliant.
QGYR330HA™ High Performance Tri-axial X/Y/Z MEMS
Product Brief, Documentation, and Purchase:
- Inertial Navigation
- Oil & gas drilling, precision agriculture
- Platform Stabilization
- Antenna, camera
- Other Industrial Applications
- Shipment visibility, asset tracking, precision robotics
- QGYR33XH Family of Gyroscopes
- Integrated Tri-axial X (Pitch), Y (Roll), and Z (Yaw) Gyroscope
- Patented Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) MEMS Technology
- Unprecedented Vibration/Shock Rejection and Stability
- Identical Axis Sensitivity
- Low Bias Drift – 25°/h (Each Axis)
- Selectable Full Scale Range – ±300°/s, ±3000°/s
- Very Low Noise for Precision Applications – 0.02°/s/√Hz at 1Hz
- Fully Differential Analog Outputs for High Sensitivity
- On-board Temperature Sensor
- 3V Single Supply
- Minimal External Component Count
- Small RoHS and Green Compliant Package – 7mm x 7mm x 2.9mm LGA32