Current Positions (11)
This senior position has the responsibility for design, development and volume manufacturing of Qualtre sensor products. This position requires expertise and skills in multi-disciplinary problem solving, system integration, control electronics, system simulation and modeling (Simulink), data analysis (Matlab, SQL), statistical analysis (MINITAB, JMP), electronic design tools (Cadence), MEMS design and fabrication, electronics characterization and system level testing.
Qualtre is seeking a Senior Analog / Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer. This individual will be a key contributor in the development of high performance, low power chipsets. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design cycle from concept through release to production, and will participate in the product definition process with marketing and customers. Candidate should be self-motivated and an excellent team player with superior communication skills.
Qualtre is seeking an experienced candidates for IC Electronics Test Engineering. As part of the Qualtré Engineering staff, you will design, implement, and execute functional and performance testing, integrated circuit characterization, and analysis of MEMS (micro electro-mechanical systems) to determine if the ASIC/MEMS system meets design specifications and will perform as intended in its final environment. This position will interact with the Product Design Team to quantify and provide valid statistical characterization data and aid in product design improvement definitions and implementations. This position will also work to bring the testing of our MEMS based Inertial Sensors from Characterization to Production delivery. This includes evaluating performance and reliabilty testing, process variation assessment, guardbanding, and yield analysis. Candidate should be self-motivated and an excellent team player with superior communication skills.
The Senior Process Development Engineer will be part of the MEMS Product Development Team. This individual will lead efforts toward sustaining and developing new and cost effective MEMS fabrication technologies. Primary focus of the activities would encompass conception, modeling, layout and process definition, unit process creation, process/product characterization and implementation of novel MEMS processes targeted at defined business opportunities. The processes need to be high volume manufacturing ready, by providing high yields and proper cost structure.
We are seeking an experienced IC design engineer to perform digital design towards the development of high performance, low power chipsets. The successful Digital Design Engineer candidate will have established experience in Digital IC design, simulation, and backend work from architecture to design to verification to place and route to test. This position is a key individual contributor, reporting to the Director of IC Design. Candidates should be self-motivated and excellent team players with superior communication skills.
The Product Applications Engineer will be the key technical advocate for Qualtré’s inertial sensor product lines. This individual will provide technical support to Qualtré customers as well as worldwide sales team representatives and distributors. This individual will also recommend product and design solutions for new customer applications, perform competitive analyses, design and develop sensor applications and demonstrations involving hardware and software. The Product Applications Engineer will be customer-focused and be able to perform translation of the technical characteristics of motion sensing applications, such as motion-enabled gaming, inertial sensor navigation, remote control, and camera image stabilization, into technical specifications for gyroscopes and accelerometers. In addition this person is to organize and manage the product ecosystem, for new and existing products. This includes demo board design, construction, and management. Writing of application notes, and other documents to support product/customer understanding.
The key challenges of this position are:
Understanding and communication of product attributes to customers. Including creation of demos and product ecosystem documents.
Increase our success in inertial MEMS products design wins in target markets.
Set the standard for communicating the technical positioning of our products to customers and Qualtré sales channels.
Help us identify emerging applications for MEMS technologies and develop effective product strategies for capturing these markets.
Develop technical positioning of Qualtré products against competition through analysis of competitive offerings.
Keep abreast of competitive offerings and market trends.
Product Applications/ Customer Support
- · Serve as the technical focal point for technical product issues related to major customers throughout the world.
- o Be a resource to other members of the Marketing and Engineering group to understand and bridge the gap between our customers’ technical requirements and our products and development roadmaps.
- · Prepare materials and give technical presentations to customers and Qualtré sales channels. Presentations can involve highly complex technical and/or volatile issues, where the focus is on explanation of analysis, derivation of conclusions, and persuasion of audience.
- o A well-developed ability to think on one’s feet and maintain calm under pressure is essential to this position, particularly when engaged with customers in product support activities.
- · Design and develop sensor applications, evaluation boards and demonstration systems involving embedded hardware/software, PC drivers and applications software. Prepare application notes and other supporting documentation for each solution. Assist in defining efficient approaches to product verification in manufacturing.
- · Assist Marketing group in responding to Customer RFQs.
- o Coordinate Marketing communications for product technical positioning strategies in RFQ responses.
- · Identify and understand competitors, their products, and their technical strategies and communicate this information to Product Management. Develop effective countermeasures in conjunction with Marketing.
- · Identify emerging applications for MEMS technologies, including formal technical analysis of each opportunity and development of the technical solution definition. Provide inputs to Product Management for consideration in product portfolio management activities.
- · Write technical articles for regional trade magazines to promote and assist customers in applying Qualtré products. May function as a Company spokesperson at trade shows and technical conferences.
- · Manage interface with Qualtré Field Applications channels (direct and distribution).
- · Provide support to and contribute to the development of individuals on the Applications Team.
- · Manage and coordinate customer support activities with Marketing Manager, and Product Engineering Manager.
- · Manage interface with Marketing concerning identification of emerging business opportunities.
- · In addition, as the Marketing/Applications group grows, the ability to identify strong candidates, recruit and hire the best ones, and help to develop these new employees.
BSEE (or equivalent); advanced degree in related field preferred.
Five years of related work experience in the semiconductor industry (or similar high technology industry) applications including support of major consumer, industrial, or automotive accounts.
Strong hands-on experience of debugging hardware and software in embedded systems (including but not limited to using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, emulators, and JTAG interfaces)
Experience designing/developing products using inertial sensors, especially gyroscopes; experience working with customers and sales personnel to achieve a technical design-in; familiarity with the use of inertial sensors for navigation, gaming, image stabilization, or other uses within consumer electronics.
Two to four years of experience is desirable in designing/coding embedded applications, and with assembly and C++ programming languages, preferably on real-time embedded system platforms. Working knowledge of Lab View or equivalent is also desirable.
Candidates must also have exceptional interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of success in application support activities.
Travel throughout the world on a quarterly basis (minimum) is required. We project a 20-25% minimum travel requirement