This senior position reporting to the Vice President of Engineering has the responsibility for design, development and volume manufacturing of Qualtre sensor products. This position requires expertise and skills in multi-disciplinary problem solving, system integration, control electronics, system simulation and modeling (Simulink), data analysis (Matlab, SQL), statistical analysis (MINITAB, JMP), electronic design tools (Cadence, Synopsys), MEMS design (ANSYS, COMSOL) and fabrication, electronics characterization and system level testing.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics (System/Controls).
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Strong background in use of inertial sensors for navigation, gaming, image stabilization in consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and military markets.
- Expert understanding of control and system engineering (electrical/mechatronics fundamentals as demonstrated by past product development responsibilities and successes.
- Demonstrated excellence in understanding and resolution of multi-physics issues of MEMS sensors and actuators
- Demonstrated experience in improving yields and transitioning products to volume manufacturing
- Working knowledge of MEMS and IC process steps and design interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to create intellectual property (MEMS/Circuit portfolio, patents, and publications).
- Experience and proven skills in written and oral communication of technical material.
- Experience and proven skills in technical leadership, including coordination of multi-team member efforts.
- An ability to work effectively, creating solutions and achieving success under the constraints of a start-up company environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (black-belt preferred).
Qualtre offers a competitive compensation package, including stock options. The position will be based in Marlborough, MA and will involve occasional domestic and international travel.
To apply for this position attach your resume to an email, include the Job Title in the Subject line and send it to email@example.com.
Qualtré will not accept third party resumes for any position without prior authorization.