The Applications Marketing Engineer will be customer-focused and able to perform translation of the technical characteristics of motion sensing applications such as motion enabled gaming, inertial sensor navigation, remote control and camera image stabilization into technical specifications for gyroscopes and accelerometers. This person will recommend product and design solutions for new customer applications, perform competitive analyses, design and develop sensor applications and show-and-tell demonstrations involving hardware and software. He or she will be required to have effective interpersonal communications and report writing ability, work well in cross-functional teams, and adhere to rigid program schedules and cost targets.
- Serve as the focal point for technical product issues related to major customers throughout the world. Be a resource to other members of the Marketing and Engineering group to understand and bridge the gap between our customers’ technical requirements and our products and development roadmaps
- Design and develop sensor applications, evaluation boards and demonstration systems involving embedded hardware/software, PC drivers and applications software. Prepare application notes and other supporting documentation for each solution. Assist in defining efficient approaches to product verification in manufacturing.
- Prepare materials and give technical presentations to customers and Qualtré sales channels.
- Coordinate Marketing communications for product technical positioning strategies in RFQ responses.
- Write technical articles for regional trade magazines to promote and assist customers in applying Qualtré products. May function as a Company spokesperson at trade shows and technical conferences.
- Own the development of product definition by interacting with customers and bringing the voice of the customer back into the engineering group.
- Interact with engineering to influence products via development of market and product requirements (MRD and PRD).
MSEE (or equivalent) in related field.
Strong hands-on experience of debugging hardware and software in embedded systems (including but not limited to using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, emulators, and JTAG interfaces)
Experience designing/developing products using inertial sensors, especially gyroscopes.
Two to four years of experience in designing/coding embedded applications, and with assembly and C++ programming languages, preferably on real-time embedded system platforms.
Working knowledge of Lab View or equivalent.
Ability to interface successfully with customers and the Engineering Team in forwarding the company’s efforts in sales, new product introduction and competitive positioning.
The ideal candidate will also have some or all of the following characteristics:
Related work experience in the semiconductor/MEMS industry applications including support of major consumer, industrial, or automotive accounts.
Experience working with customers to achieve a technical design-in; familiarity with the use of inertial sensors for navigation, gaming, image stabilization, or other uses within consumer electronics.
Qualtre offers a competitive compensation package, including stock options. The position will be based in Marlborough, MA and will involve occasional domestic and international travel.
To apply for this position, attach your resume to an email, include the job title in the Subject line and send it to email@example.com.
Qualtré will not accept third party resumes for any position without prior authorization.