The Process Integration Engineering Intern will be an integral part of the MEMS Product Development Team. This individual will assist efforts toward sustaining and developing new and cost effective MEMS fabrication technologies. Primary focus of the activities would encompass conception, modeling, layout and process definition, unit process creation, process/product characterization and implementation of proprietary MEMS processes targeted at defined business opportunities. The processes need to be high volume manufacturing ready, by providing high yields and proper cost structure.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Working with MEMS Foundries to bring existing processes to production and implement new processes.
- Assist in defining a MEMS process flow, establish manufacturing parameters and layout MEMS device for a specific Process flow.
- Good understanding of unit process performance and capabilities within a MEMS/Semiconductor wafer fab.
- Develop and evaluate manufacturability of new unit processes used in the manufacture and integration of MEMs devices such as deposition, DRIE, wafer bonding and release of MEMS elements.
- Design, layout, testing and characterization of MEMs devices.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- MS or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science.
- A solid understanding of mechanical properties of MEMS structures and an electrical understanding of Semiconductor Device Physics.
- Ability to coordinate MEMS foundries’ activities for process performance, quality and delivery.
- Experience in DRIE, Wafer bonding or Photolithography.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis tools such as MiniTab, JMP or equivalent
- Demonstrated expertise in Design of Experiments and Components of variation analysis.
- Experience in fabrication of MEMS devices.