Qualtre is seeking a Product Manager responsible for coordinating the product definition, planning, development and launch of MEMS sensor products. He or she will be required to have strong technology background preferably in MEMS, effective interpersonal communications and report writing ability, work well in cross-functional teams, and adhere to rigid program schedules and cost targets.
- Own the development of product definition by interacting with customers and bringing the voice of the customer back into the engineering group.
- Interact with engineering to influence product-definition via development of market and product requirements (MRD and PRD).
- Coordinate company resources and third party developers throughout the entire product development cycle and be primarily responsible for the product’s success.
- Drive project teams on product development – particularly on features,cost and schedule metrics – negotiate and manage resources with the appropriate functional teams to assure they meet project requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Marketing to manage all aspects of the product introduction – including timelines, roadmaps, communication with customers, owning key decisions regarding product features, etc.
- Assure products meet marketing / engineering specifications and develop a successful launch process (datasheets, evaluation boards, third party support, manuals, brochures, training, etc.). Be actively involved in development of above collateral, such as datasheets, User Guides, etc.
- Assist with applications development and customer support by interacting with customers at a technical level based on thorough understanding of the product and its system level usage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering technical discipline (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent). An MBA is a definite plus.
- Three to five years of technical hands-on experience (in design, applications development or related areas) followed by two to three years Proven knowledge and practical experience with MEMS product development process, market requirements, product launches, marketing plans, competitive analyses and technology assessment.
- Strong MEMS sensor technical aptitude that allows the candidate to evaluate technical options.
- Project Management skills – include activities related to the general management and organization of projects from inception to completion (schedule development and planning, work task flow, etc.).