High Performance Digital Tri-axial X/Y/Z MEMS
Gyroscope for Industrial Markets
The QGYR330HD is a fully integrated, digital output, three-axis angular rate sensor (gyroscope) that is based on Qualtré’s patented Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) MEMS technology manufactured in the HARPSS™ process, which allows unprecedented robustness, performance, and size advantages over conventional MEMS tuning-fork gyroscopes. The BAW structure senses capacitance changes in a resonating proof mass in the presence of Coriolis force which results in a quality factor (Q factor) that is inherently higher by several orders of magnitude, allowing mechanical amplification to achieve greater sensitivity, stability, and noise performance. Additionally, the BAW’s proof mass enables high shock / vibration immunity due to its very rigid construction and small size.
The QGYR33XH family currently comprises two devices – QGYR330HA featuring analog output and QGYR330HD with digital output. The HD device has an integrated 16-bit ADC from which X-, Y-, and Z-axis rotation values are stored in corresponding FIFOs that can be read via SPI or I2C.
The QGYR330HD features an input pin that can be toggled between the full-scale ±3000°/s dynamic range and high precision ±300°/s, for maximum application flexibility. Additionally, a fully integrated interface IC provides signal conditioning and amplification, and stores factory-set calibration coefficients. The on-board electronics require minimal external components beyond power supply decoupling capacitors and a single pull up resistor.
QGYR330HD devices are provided in an LGA32 package that is RoHS and Green compliant.
- Inertial Navigation
- Oil & gas drilling, precision agriculture
- Platform Stabilization
- Antenna, camera
- Other Industrial Applications
- Shipment visibility, asset tracking, precision robotics
- QGYR33XH Family of Gyroscopes
- Integrated Tri-axial X (Pitch), Y (Roll), and Z (Yaw) Gyroscope
- Patented Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) MEMS Technology
- Unprecedented Vibration/Shock Rejection and Stability
- Identical Axis Sensitivity
- Low Bias Drift – 25°/h (Each Axis)
- Selectable Full Scale Range – ±300°/s, ±3000°/s
- Very Low Noise for Precision Applications – 0.02°/s/√Hz at 1Hz
- SPI and I2C outputs with FIFO
- On-board Temperature Sensor
- 3V Single Supply
- Minimal External Component Count
- Small RoHS and Green Compliant Package –
- 7mm x 7mm x 2.9mm LGA32